Reporting to the Director, Corporate Services, the appointee will be required to:
- supervise sub-ordinates to execute general accounting functions and all rounded research project accounting duties including handling full set of accounts, receipts, payments and reimbursements;
- be responsible for the development and administration of financial reporting systems;
- prepare period end closing, budgets and financial statements, consolidation and forecasting, management reports and analysis;
- review, develop and enhance capital expenditure policy and procedures and to ensure they are compliance with relevant accounting standards and government policies;
- be responsible for co-ordination of internal audit, annual statutory financial audit, and other statutory and regulatory compliance tasks;
- perform company secretarial function; and
- perform any ad hoc duties as assigned.
Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application. Salary offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. An initial 2-year contract will be offered to the successful candidate of the post. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement.
- A recognized degree in Accounting, with a professional accounting qualification, such as HKICPA, ACCA or equivalent being an advantage;
- Have at least 5 years of financial accounting experience, especially in project accounting, capital budgeting and fixed asset accounting, etc.;
- Hands-on experience in projects and fixed assets controls, preferably with experience in handling full set of books and subsidiaries’ accounts in government subvented organizations;
- Track record in financial and management reporting, forecasting and budgeting;
- Extensive experience in using computerized accounting systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- High sense of integrity and self-discipline;
- Excellent analytical ability, organizational and interpersonal skills; and
- A good command of written and spoken English and Chinese, with fluency in Putonghua being an advantage.
- Applicants with less experience may be considered for the position of Assistant Accounting Manager.
Applicants are invited to send detailed curriculum vitae in strict confidence to Human Resources Manager, HKRITA, R906-8, Shirley Chan Building, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon. or by clicking "Apply Now". Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. HKRITA reserves the right to consider late applications and nominations, and to fill or not to fill the positions. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purpose.
Please mark “PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL” and quote the position applied for and its reference number on the envelope.