The APAC Talent & Workforce Planning Data Analyst is a critical and dynamic role within the APAC
Talent Acquisition (TA) team, reporting to the Director of Strategic Workforce Planning & Talent Acquisition.
The TA team is a group of passionate Talent Acquisition professionals who specialise in hiring across
different talent segments and markets within SEEK whose expertise is instrumental with evolving the
maturity of the TA function.
The TA team forms part of the broader HR team, which includes HR Generalists, Remuneration and
Benefits, Payroll and HR Information Systems, Corporate Communications, and our Operations Support
The APAC Talent & Workforce Planning Data Analyst will collaborate with HR and other business stakeholders to design and deliver the relevant insights and workforce analytics to help achieve business objectives. They will be the “go to” person for Talent Acquisition reporting & analysis for SEEK
HR leadership and other stakeholders including monthly dashboards, compliance reporting, analysis,
and related workforce analytics.
- Work cross-functionally with key business areas including HR, Finance & IT (Information Technology) to significantly improve workforce data analytics capabilities and leverage the appropriate data architecture, tools and technologies required to deliver against SEEK’s growth plans and roadmap.
- Enable leadership to make effective data-driven, and strategic operations decisions by creating meaningful interpretations of data & trends, relating to Talent Acquisition, attrition, diversity, and HR operational metrics; investigate variances and recommend changes to enhance forecast accuracy & effectiveness.
- Collaborate with HR stakeholders including the HRIS (Human Resource Information System) team on people metrics and reporting to help drive business decisions and identify areas of strengths and opportunities for improvement
- Regularly pull data from the ATS (Applicant Tracking System), and sometimes historical data from Excel spreadsheets, to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of Talent Acquisition reports to key stakeholders and to assist the TA team with the preparation of metrics packs and ad hoc reports.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the APAC recruiting functions and become the “go to” person to optimise TA metrics and data.
- Instil confidence through a strong understanding of the data and timely responses to queries including:
- Develop, maintain, and support reporting, dashboards and data analysis utilizing appropriate reporting tools and using data from SEEK’s Applicant Tracking System ( SmartRecruiters).
- Respond to TA data requests from HR and other functions. This includes developing queries and/or integrating data from various datasets & sources to measure and report progress against workforce plans
- Perform audits on TA systems to ensure a high standard of data integrity.
- Conduct research, analyse data, and present findings in a concise format.
- Maintain strong business relationships with key stakeholders to resolve data and reporting challenges, including interpretation and quality
Essential Skills and Experience
- Highly organised, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Motivated via a strong customer service orientation and the ability to engage with a range of key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Ability to flex and pivot to tackle new business challenges when required.
- Experience with data analysis & visualisation tools such as Tableau, SQL etc.
- Critical thinking and knowledge of statistical methodologies to determine trending and patterns in advanced datasets
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a strong attention to detail ensuring documents and emails are proofread before sending to internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capability to manage complex, time-dependent deliverables and work within a fast-paced environment whilst balancing competing priorities.
- Apply a data-driven and evidence-based approach to decision making to quickly break down problems and know when and how to consult with others.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field. Preferably in STEM fields
- Experience working in an operational analytics role
- Human Resources, Payroll, or financial software experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs