The first job of a copywriter is to have ideas, to see the world in a new way, and to share that unique vision with consumers in a way that they immediately understand.
This ACD\Senior Copywriter will provide inspiration and leadership for their creative team and be the trusted consultant on any matters of language arising in the Agency. This role requires the ability to devise original,
strategically sound and persuasive copy that is in line with approved strategy and direction, working with art resources where appropriate. Prior experience of leading and guiding junior teams a plus.
- Attends briefing sessions and discuss Brand, Strategy and purpose of the brief with the appropriate members of the team
- Reviews incoming job starts, creative briefs and other forms of project initiation to make sure they understand the assignment, and work to deliver the best creative solution
- Where necessary, challenges preconceptions and propose alternative approaches or solutions to effectively achieve the objectives identified in the brief
- Works with Art\Design teams, the Creative Director (or alone, when necessary) to create appropriate concepts
- On approval of concept by account team and client, prepares full copy
- Takes responsibility for spell checking and amendments to copy in light of comments
- Provides writing support and expertise on a wide variety of media
- Write-ups of creative concepts for presentation to clients and internal teams
- Creates a team environment that facilitates:
- Development of strategic and conceptual thinking
- Mutual respect and teamwork partnership among creative team members and throughout the Agency functions
- Maintains open lines of communication with all team members
- Ensures professional presentation of concepts
- Keep abreast of both competitor creative work and market developments in areas of interest to client accounts
- Expresses thorough understanding of client’s business as well as their competitor’s
- Solicits “the right information” upfront translating to a better product the first time
- Provides pertinent information to team members on a timely basis
- Manage own time and output in line with deadline and budgetary requirements
- Where appropriate, work with other Agency departments to identify opportunities and develop award submission cases\materials
- Develop and cultivate relationships with internal team members, vendors and clients
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties as
assigned by management.
- Proactively pursue self-development opportunities within the Agency.
- Assume responsibility for regularly reviewing performance and personal development.
- Discuss career aspirations and agree personal development plan with supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Substantial experience as an ACD\Sr. Copywriter within a large advertising\digital agency.
- It is essential for the successful candidate to have a strong digital background, with a minimum of 5 years spent within creative agencies or equivalent.
- Portfolio is required to demonstrate creative skills.
- The ideal candidate has experience working in a global organisation and\or worked overseas hence experienced different cultures and mindsets to aid his\her work.
- Innate creative flair that manifests itself in many ways e.g. empathy, insight and inspirational problem solving.
- Understanding of existing and emerging digital platforms and technology.
- Flexibility and willingness to react quickly to the changing demands of the business.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects, sticking to deadlines and ensuring high-quality error-free output.
- Great presentation and communication skills.
Position: Associate Creative Director \ Senior Copywriter (ENGLISH)
Reports to: ECD
Job Location: Hong Kong SAR
Job Type: Full-Time\Regular
an equal opportunity employer and does
not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability,
genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.