United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and
banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.In 1935, amid the economic uncertainties following the Great Depression, UOB opened its doors to offer banking services for the merchant community in Singapore.Since
then, UOB has grown organically and through a series of strategic acquisitions. Today, UOB is rated among the world’s top banks: ‘Aa1’ by Moody’s and ‘AA-’ by Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It
is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
- The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of
technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
- Acting as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) from Operations, the primarily responsibility is being the business fronting personnel facing Transaction Banking Product team for all cash management solutions and services related transformation , including faster
payment system (“FPS”), paper cheque clearing, electronic clearing, term deposits, customer payroll, banker's cheque issuance, inward/ outward collection cheques, in-house transfers, e-banking operations, liquidity management.
- Reporting to Head of Global Markets and Cash Management Operations, the Transformation & Process Improvement Lead will work closely with various peers with Country Technology & Operations team and various 1st line and 2nd line stakeholders to contribute to
the development and implementation of new process/ policies and best practices with the aim of enhancing the banking services, improving productivity & quality, and mitigating operational risk.
- Review system functionalities/ workflow, processes/ policies and drive on-going improvement for operational effectiveness and efficiency, risk mitigation and regulatory compliance.
- Review system specification & process design, and work closely with the stakeholders (e.g. Transactions Banking (Products), Services Management & Process Design, POA, Internal Audit) to formulate & implement new processes and controls in order to meet the
new regulatory requirements, new business/ industry-wide initiatives, and business growth.
- Manage and oversee the UATs/ BCP drills pertaining to the various payments and cash management systems & processes
- Provide product and technical advice, business solution to internal & external customers, including interbank clearing relationships, overseas branches and correspondent banks
- Engage, coach and supervise the team for new initiatives/ processes/ policies, and on-going process improvement and increase in operations productivity by adoption of new technology.
- University graduate in Business Administration, Economics, Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Over 5 years' relevant banking experience
- Sound knowledge in payments and cash management products, liquidity management, payments industry best practices, and adoption of latest industry wide technology of cash solutions
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and work independently
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business
needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.Apply now and make a difference.