The core function for our Channels team is to deliver market leading solutions that allow Hirers to post and manage jobs, and to build and promote their brands on SEEK, across Asia Pacific.
The team builds solutions that are available both directly on the SEEK platform, and that are available via API integrations with hundreds of partners.
This growing team currently consists of multiple autonomous sub-teams focused on Direct Job Posting, Hirer Acquisition, Hirer Branding, Web Production, Indirect (API) Job Posting, and Indirect (API) Apply.You will have accountability and line management for a team including the following:
- Engineering Managers and Developers at all levels
- Business Analysts and Iteration Managers
You will partner with:
- Engineering Leaders of other sub-domains, Product Managers and Heads of Product UX, Visual Designers, and Digital Analysts (SEO)
Some other key points:
- Scaled leadership role, there would be between 3-5 Engineering Managers reporting into this role.
- Set the high level, goals, agenda and roadmap. Security, Service Management, Finance and Sales.
- Setup the mechanisms around operational health, ensure that teams have forward looking purposeful roadmaps and architecture.
- Ensure that we are shipping code on a regular basis and driving standards
- Be a steward of learning the technical standards required and how we can push these forward.
- Help to build and develop our technical roadmaps to ensure they are safe, secure and technically reliable.
What is Marketplace Unification and what does that mean to you?
One of our key objectives over the next couple of years at Seek is to unify our three historically distinct businesses across the APAC region onto a single technology platform.
This will enable us to write the code once and ship it to hundreds of millions of customers, whereas today we have to solve the same problem multiple times in different geographies. We are rapidly growing our team to tackle this challenge, the most ambitious program of work in SEEK’s 23 year history.
You won’t get many chances in your career to play this crucial a role in such am ambitious undertaking.
In this role you’ll be taking on a team that already knows how to please early and often, so you can focus on leading them through the uncharted complexity rather than teaching them the basics.
You will leverage our modern tech stack using AWS, React, Node.js and GraphQL.
The platform will support more than 250+ million people across APAC so your ability to impact will be profound. Seek is one of the most mature Agile organizations in the country and as part of this program you will collaborate with local and global tech leaders to refine your skills and learn new ways of working.
So, what are we looking for?
- Significant experience managing large teams in organisations that have a biased towards building
- Have a building mindset - we like to purpose build things from the ground up for our customers so are looking for people that share that mentality
- Build, run and operate experience
- Have experience running medium to large Engineering Teams
- Experience working with teams across Asia and Australia would be ideal
- Proven ability in executing on a software development roadmap with a focus on the right long-term outcomes
- Exceptional Software Engineering/ Architecture/ Practices and or Delivery background, with a proven track record of building technology excellence & capabilities within teams and organisations
- Experience leading teams that have built highly reliable and scalable products and codebases that are secure, resilient, cost effective whilst easy to build, release and maintain