The APAC Payroll Transformation Manager is a member of the Global Payroll team, accountable for the strategic centralization and transformation of payroll operations across the enterprise,
in addition to leading continuous process improvement and standardization initiatives. Within the region, this position focuses on driving this effort across 14 countries across Asia Pacific, moving payroll responsibility from a fragmented landscape to the
centralized payroll function.
In accordance with global practices, this role is responsible for driving performance optimization, scalability, and standardization of
processes, while driving payroll best practice. Through indirect leadership, it will manage the in-region project team responsible for executing on these projects, using formal project management documentation and methodology. Finally, the incumbent is accountable
for working with senior Payroll, HR, Finance, and business leadership to ensure proper prioritization, effective risk management, and alignment of results.
What You'll Be Doing
- Assume ownership of the Asia region payroll transformation roadmap, including both country transformation and process improvement initiatives within the function.
Effectively align local payroll operations, HR, and additional stakeholders on the prioritization of projects in relation to day-to-day operations.
- Partner with the APAC Payroll Operations Director to support operational projects focusing on continuous process improvement and optimization.
- Project manage complex medium and large-scale payroll projects within the region – specifically focusing on the centralization and harmonization of payroll resources
and processes, in addition to the implementation of best-in-class new payroll vendor solutions, where necessary.
- Responsible for monitoring the end-to-end project management efforts, including:
- Define the scope and objectives of identified payroll projects, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
- Create and maintain project-related documentation, using standardized templates following formal project management methodology
- Ensure proper resource availability and allocation among cross-functional project teams
- Lead communication activities associated with in-region stakeholders and payroll operations leadership
- Address project-related escalations to ensure continued progress and risk mitigation, where possible
- Properly manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs, involving key decision-makers and communicating updates timely
- Pursue payroll process standardization and improvement, in accordance with the Global Payroll strategy, structure, process, and technology.
- Work cross-functionally and cross-regionally with multiple project constituents – including Payroll, HR, Finance, and business team members, in addition to external
What We're Looking for
- 10 or more years’ experience working within the Payroll function or overseeing medium to large Payroll and HR transformation or process improvement projects.
- Experience in Asia Pacific regional payroll and vendor management will be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team, with minimal direction.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Meticulous, well-organized, and conscientious with a high level of initiatives at work.
- Fluency in English & Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin), both written and spoken.
- Demonstrated ability to use best practices and knowledge of internal/external business issues to improve products, services, and processes.
- Aptitude to resolve complex problems where precedents may not exist.
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive
financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- APAC Exposure
- Special/Extra Leave
- Double Pay
- Performance Bonus
- Medical and life Insurance
- 5-Day Work Week
- Free Shuttle Bus
- Growth Opportunities
- And more!
Arrow Electronics, Inc. (NYSE: ARW), an award-winning Fortune 110 and one of Fortune Magazine’s Most Admired Companies. Arrow guides innovation forward for over 175,000 leading technology manufacturers and service providers. With 2019 sales of USD
$29 billion, Arrow develops technology solutions that improve business and daily life. Our broad portfolio that spans the entire technology landscape helps customers create, make and manage forward-thinking products that make the benefits of technology accessible
to as many people as possible. Learn more at www.arrow.com.
Our strategic direction of guiding innovation forward is expressed as Five Years Out, a way of thinking about the tangible future to bridge
the gap between what's possible and the practical technologies to make it happen. Learn more at